[CREATE] [LGF] A name !

agnez.. agnez at no-log.org
Mon May 31 14:23:44 PDT 2010

On 05/31/10 14:36, John Haltiwanger wrote:
> Graphics doesn't include type
Graphics doesn't include type??? graphic etymologically means writing..
(like photographie = writing with light, choreography = writing with the
choir)

Here is some spontaneous brainstorming:

When i hear *art* I think dance / sculpture / music / drawing / cooking
/ poetry / photo / performance / compsing / architecture / painting /
thinking / playing / acting / directing / writing / comic strip /
singing / rhyming / graphic / reading / installation / film / ...
i don't know if you want to cover all that with the foundation..

When I hear *design* I think furniture / shoes / software / cars / food
/ sound / garment / industrial / graphic / ...

When I hear *create* I think god / fashion / inventing / creature /
creative commons / making / Haydn / mathematics / chocolate / product /
art / science / new / construction /...

These terms are not very explicit. Isn't there something more direct?
And I'm a fan of "reclaim your tools" and "libre graphics". (but yes ,
libre is not understandable for non latins..)

FLOSS & graphics
image and code creators
associating code and image / code & image association
developers & creators association
creating visuals and codes united

cheers
agnez