[CREATE] Libre Graphics Magazine 1.1 is available to read, buy and modify

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Nov 17 19:49:33 PST 2010

On 11/16/2010 03:09 PM, ginger coons wrote:
> Today marks the very exciting release of Libre Graphics Magazine issue
> 1.1 (for those interested in cataloguing and categorization, ISSN
> 1925-1416 Libre Graphics (Print); ISSN 1925-1424 Libre Graphics
> (Online)). After nearly three months of hard work and loads of
> submissions, we've got 64 pages of Libre Graphics ideas, work and news
> ready to read and enjoy.
>
> Low and medium resolution PDFs are already available to download, with
> the massive, print-ready file coming soon (download:
> http://libregraphicsmag.com/download.html). However, if you're
> interested in a print copy, it's even easier to buy a copy, available
> for $12 (CAD). We're also offering subscriptions at $45 (CAD) for four
> issues, or $100 (CAD) at the Supporter tier, which gets you four issues,
> lots of gratitude and maybe even a nice thank you note. (Buy:
> http://libregraphicsmag.com/buy.html)
>
> We couldn't have done it without the support and enthusiasm of the
> larger Libre Graphics community. So thank you. And we hope you enjoy it
> just as much as we do.

I can very much appreciate the work that went into this product, and I
applaud the team for this unexpectedly fast release.

Something to point out (that I'll admit I didn't notice on my own) is
that there is generally a failure to use typographic quotes in the text
of the magazine. It may be arguable, but some would say that there
should be a small space between text and following ellipsis.

I also want to make you aware that, at least as of recent 1.3.9svn
releases of Scribus, my AutoQuote script is included, which will
automatically convert typewriter quotes and apostrophes to typographic
double and single quotes (not guaranteed to be flawless, but it seems
pretty good).

Greg Pittman