[CREATE] LGM 2012

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Aug 12 06:11:45 PDT 2011

hi joao,

nice to see you caring about it!

> I think that up to ow we have no confirmation of a LGM venue for 2012
> - do we?

there are a few ideas, but afaik nobody having made a formal proposal.

the most serious proposal i have heard of, has not been publicly discussed, yet.
and -- afaik -- it's far from the status of a formal proposal.

as a summary, i'm aware of the following possible/proposed locations:

- berlin
- serbia
- vienna
- toulouse
- argentina
- vietnam
- kerala
- switzerland
(no specific order; i hope i got them right...)

on top of it there is the option of running several smaller and regional LGMs.

> I am at talks with Eliane Domingos, member of The Document Foundation
> to host a big Free Graphics event on Rio de Janeiro next year -- she
> has means to get some heavy sposorhip if she asks for it before the
> end of this month.
>
> This means we could possibly afford LGM around here - Since we are
> meeting today and tomowwow at this small event, I will push for this
> to be the official LGM (we will have a huge free graphics event
> anyway) - unless one of you have a big "no" to say about that.

my opinion is: if you can get finances and a crew, go for it! make a proposal!

as far as i could understand it, brasil is one of the places with the most vivid libre graphics communities... it may be the right place to go to!

ciao
a.l.e