[CREATE] LGM 2012

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 13 01:40:39 PDT 2011

On Friday 12 August 2011 Aug, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

> For this to work, we have to ask for sponsorship right now - this meas
> we can get sponsorship for the air tickets sponsored as well.
> Can someone give me a figure of  (max) number of developers/lecturers
> who should be sponsored? If we can factor this in in the sponsorship,
> we get over the main difficult of
> hosting it "far away" from Europe/North America.

For Krita, we have two developers in South America, and perhaps count on two to three people coming from Europ. I'm not sure about ticket prices, but I think that for the first time, we might need help from LGM o come over, if it's in South America. It's probably more than KDE e.V. can carry on its own..

> The sposorship and organizers are actually related with "gnugraf" - a
> user oriented
> Libre Graphics event that is holding its 4th instance this year:
> http://gnugraf.org/
>

> People are interested in making "gnugraf" much larger for 2012 - and are getting
> professional help for this to happen - I am meeting the person
> responsible for getting this sponsorship for the next 2 days (Eliane
> Domingos, copyed here) - so that we can have "gnugraf 5" and "Libre
> Graphics Meeting 2012" as one single thing.

I think that would be great thing, provided we have a way to work out the language barriers. given that the francophonie of LGM causes problems for some people.

--
Boudewijn Rempt