[CREATE] 2 forms and 3 buttons on the LGM website

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Mar 14 14:28:18 PDT 2011

hi louis,

> I think it would be best if we could have 2 forms on the website at
> the launch of the Pledgie campaign, as well as 3 buttons !
>
> BUTTON 1 > DONATE ! > Pledgie Website
> BUTTON 2 > REGISTER > Form
> BUTTON 3 > CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS > Form

we should have the three buttons already and all we need is to enable them

> We have already discussed about the Register form and what needs to
> be added to it.
>
> For the Call for presentations, I would suggest we go beyond the wiki
> because what we really need is the data in a way that we can use it
> downstream, with compulsory fields marked with an asterisk. All
> fields must be filled before the "Submit" button becomes active. This
> will ensure we have all the info for the program without having to
> ask for missing data.
>
> * * *
>
> * Type of talk
> a) Short talk 5min
> b) Talk 30 min
> * Title of presentation
> * Name of speaker
> Name of co-speaker(s) (when applicable)
> * Short bio of speaker
> Short bio of co-speakers (when applicable)
> * Short description of talk
> Specific day or time (when applicable)
> * Link to project or work
> Other specific needs (when applicable)
> Additional notes (when applicable)
> * Need for sponsorship (not sponsored by any other means)
>
> * * *
> Any further thoughts on this ?

i can work on the two forms (registration and call of presentation) tomorrow in the train.

the registration should be ready on wednesday evening.

if everything goes well, the call for presentation will be ready on wednesday evening, too. but i think that it would need some testing before we can put it online.

and, now, it's time to go to bed!

ciao
a.l.e