[CREATE] Access to LGM website

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Mon Mar 21 05:22:07 PDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 22:32 +0100, a.l.e wrote:

> it's not really practical to put a svn check out on a webserver: it's
> polluted with .svn directories...
Just make sure (e.g. via .htaccess) that the web server won't let people
fetch the content of .svn directories.

http://www.w3.org/ is done from CVS (since it predates svn) and we've
had literally thousands of contributors.

Running cvs commit results in the changes being visible.

Seems perfectly feasible to me.

Probably the same could be done with git fairly easily (I say that since
git seems to be winning out in popularity over the others, which is not
specifically about features and not an argument we need to have, I don't
really care what's used as long as it's not so obscure than only 500
people in the world can use it)

Best,

Liam