[CREATE] Access to LGM website

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Mon Mar 21 09:14:11 PDT 2011

ciao a.l.e,
On March 20, 2011 05:32:59 pm a.l.e wrote:
> it's not really practical to put a svn check out on a webserver: it's
> polluted with .svn directories...

Bruno wrote the little script for Hugin when it was on SVN.  It was a one
liner check out + rsync to the actual web space, and the rsync command would
filter out the .svn pollution.

> we are changing now for drupal.

now? with LGM just around the corner?  I don't think it is wise to make such
deep changes so late in the cycle.  Work with what you have now, and decide
about those tools for 2012 and beyond.  Doing changes *now* in the heat of the
deadlines is a recipe for...

> i hope we won't have to change again next year!

... not getting it right and having to change again next year!

> not sure if it's worth to put a drupal instance in a revision system

no, it is not.  just backup the database and you're fine.  On the other hand,
a drupal powered site uses up more resources than a revision-managed static
site.  Just in case you get slashdotted...

Yuv