[CREATE] LGM: Native GTK OS X ?

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Thu May 12 20:53:25 PDT 2011

Gedit runs on OS X too, and it works with a native GTK just fine.

As I said before, the complexity of programs like Inkscape and Gimp makes it harder to forego X11, but it shouldn’t be considered impossible.

Inkscape already has wonderful OS X packaging, with a proper DMG and all, including many libraries. Yet it’s such a show stopper that prospective Mac users will first have to grab their OSX install DVD to install something they’ve never heard of!

On Inkscape, the bug “Remove X11 dependency for Mac OS X”
was filed 2007-07-15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/172064

I want to know what are the blockers
And I want developers of different GTK projects to get together and discuss
how to remove these blockers!

I had to be on the other side of the pond so
I’m already gone from LGM—
but I know right now, more libre graphics developers are in each others direct vicinity
then any time of the year!
so I know you girls and guys can do it! Come on!

Op 12 mei 2011, om 08:46 heeft Hin-Tak Leung het volgende geschreven: