[CREATE] LGM: Native GTK OS X ?

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Thu May 12 21:06:06 PDT 2011

On May 12, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Schrijver wrote:

> On Inkscape, the bug “Remove X11 dependency for Mac OS X”
> was filed 2007-07-15
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/172064
>
> I want to know what are the blockers
> And I want developers of different GTK projects to get together and discuss
> how to remove these blockers!
>
> I had to be on the other side of the pond so
> I’m already gone from LGM—
> but I know right now, more libre graphics developers are in each others direct vicinity
> then any time of the year!
> so I know you girls and guys can do it! Come on!

The main problem is that the OS X native GTK development stalled out and nobody from that side has been making it easy to pick back up contributing.

When it was still moving forward under Imendio I was able to work on fixing things like clipboard and tablet support. It since went out, though I could still find easy ways to *use* native gtk on osx. The actual path to changing gtk itself got obscured.

I also had a hard-drive failure since I last was making progress on it, so I don't have old history and checkouts to guide me in figuring new things out on my own.