[CREATE] DNS wrangling, CREATE home page (was: Re: OpenRaster spec: now salvaged, and available from the FreeDesktop wiki)

Andrew Chadwick a.t.chadwick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 08:02:14 PDT 2012

On 23/03/12 22:21, Andrew Chadwick wrote:
> (Would it be possible to point
> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenRaster to the new location
> somehow? Loads of places still refer to it. Perhaps it could be
> done with a DNS-level fixup and a Wiki redirect, given the common
> /wiki/ part of the path.)

Will the CREATE project ever need a separate identity and branding on
the web again?  If the answer is "no", I can ask the fd.o
sitewranglers to do a simple DNS repointing of create.freedesktop.org
to their own website which will catch some stragglers. Technically it
looks simple: seems the fd.o nameservers just host a simple CNAME
record for the old wiki.

IMO, CREATE should make a home for itself on the freedesktop.org wiki
if we go this route (and probably fix up Wikipedia pages etc.).  Any
takers for that part of the job, hypothetically speaking?

(Not sure where graphics get stored for use in fd.o/wiki. I know that
the PulseAudio project for example store logos elsewhere on the fd.o
site, but I'm none too clear on the specifics of how that works.  But
it appears possible to have a pretty landing page provided the will is
out there to make one.)

--
Andrew Chadwick