[CREATE] [ORA spec] effects filters are incompletely specified

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Mon Mar 26 13:55:07 PDT 2012

On Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:39:00 PM, Andrew wrote:

AC> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/OpenRaster/Draft/EffectsSpecification

AC> This might have been a very early working draft. My problems with this
AC> as it stands are:

AC>  * No examples given for any of the filters
AC>  * Should it refer to SVG 1.2 these days?

No (SVG Tiny 1.2 does not have filters).

However, the links to SVG 1.1 are broken (becuase the links changed when updating to the second edition).

As an example
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html#feColorMatrix
should be
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html#feColorMatrixElement

AC>  * Does not address the mathematics of the operations as promised

True, although the SVG spec does.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG