[CREATE] Status of libora?

david rylander rylleman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:38:28 PDT 2012

> > The script is very good, but it can use some improvements. Support for
> ORA
> > would be great, and judging by how the script processes the XCF files, I
> > think it wouldn't be a problem to add ORAs.
>
> Though I think ORA is the way to the future (because it is better for
> interoperability to have one format), if I have already a good support
> of XCF actually, short/mid term, that's as good to me. I don't
> "absolutely" need ORA support. But obviously that would be nice.

>  > I'll ask him about ORA support.
> > He doesn't work for free, so I have to ask: Are you willing to use some
> > money for this feature?
>
> I would be willing, but being a developer myself, I know how much a
> developer cost, and I don't have that much money. I have money, enough
> for donating to nice projects (which I do from time to time), but I
> don't have enough to afford paying a developer myself (even by
> dividing by 2, I imagine, if he has common rates).

> I wish some day I can afford this, or I have a company which can
> afford this, but right now, I am just a small individual. Hence sorry,
> for the negative answer.
> Thanks for the proposition anyway.

I'm also very interested in getting ora support in Blender. I'm doing 2d
animation, currently I'm using Blender for compositing and editing but are
looking into moving my whole cut-out animation workflow into Blender.
Having ora support would be very useful for me.

@Guillermo. Can you ask ZanQdo if he's willing to do it and what it would
cost?
Perhaps we could do a crowdfunding of this.

Cheers,
-David