[CREATE] Call for proposals for GSoC Doc Camp, Mountain View Dec. 3-7

Konstantin Dmitriev ksee.zelgadis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:06:08 PDT 2012

Hi!

2012/10/21 Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com>:
> I am working lately with a professional graphical animator (me being a
> developer). We are working on making an animation fully with Free
> Softwares.

Very nice works you have on your website.
Happy to see professional animators work with free software. ^_^
I am working on 2D animation with Free software too. Maybe you will be
interested to look at the project we are working on now -
http://morevnaproject.org/. There are lot of notes about our workflow
and tools we use. ^_^

Apart of blender we use Synfig Studio for compositing too - http://synfig.org/

> - Probably a mix of Ardour, Audacity, on a RT kernel for audio. It
> could be synced with Blender VSE with Jack, if needed. But we have not
> been there yet.

I can say Blender + JACK + Ardour is awesome and very powerful.

> - Also I wonder if any solution exists for movie dubbing. Having
> worked myself as actor in the field for years, this interests me,
> because I have never seen this in Free Software world, and I have a
> lot of feedback on the matter.
> - Finally there is all the rest which is even less obvious. Like
> making a professional working environment, like using a versioning
> system (svn, git), usually used for code, work with binary data (xcf
> files from GIMP, etc.). That's also a point I am testing a bit lately.

About the environment. We use git to store the sources. Also we are
using Remake for automatic rendering of the projects, it helps a lot -
http://morevnaproject.org/tag/remake/.

Regards,
Konstantin

--