[CREATE] Call for proposals for GSoC Doc Camp, Mountain View Dec. 3-7

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:46:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Hong Phuc Dang <hp at fossasia.org> wrote:
> Hi Jehan,
>
> I am making a quick reply as I am traveling right now. I will write more later.
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Hong Phuc > about your initial question of mounting a documentation
>> project around the graphical Free Software programs, what do you think
>> of our proposition then, centered around animation?
>> Does it interest you?
> I think it is a great idea. I am totally interested and would love to
> support in any ways.
>
>> Because now that you gave us this link, and this idea that I did not
>> have, I am thinking of proposing the project myself, if you are not
>> interested by this project.
>> But I don't want to shortcut your proposition of cooperation,
>> especially that we are not experts (yet?) on the whole graphical Free
>> Software "suite".
> Please do not worry about that. I just tried to spread the news.
> Everyone can propose his own project.
>
>> Of course, other interested can propose too, especially those who said
>> they make animation too. Apparently we can propose up to 5 individuals
>> for a project, and we are 2 for now (my graphist and I).
>> Thanks.
> Sure. Do you know more people who would like to work together on this?
> Let's put together a brief outline of what the book will cover. Then
> we need to fill in the registration form and submit it before Oct
> 26th.

I am traveling too right now, so I have very sparse internet access.
Moreover my timezone (Japan) and the fact that the deadline is very
inaccurate (26th, midnight? Before? In which timezone?), I just
submitted the project now to be sure and not miss the deadline. Sorry
for not waiting for you for putting an outline together. But as Mario
Behling said on the thread, we can refine the project description
later.

Also I am not sure to have understood if you wish to participate, or
are more of an organizer (if I understood correctly Elisa's email,
which said you represented FLOSS Manuals). So I am not going to add
you in the participant list. But if I got it wrong, I guess you can
submit as individual and say you are a last minute participant to this
project.
I named the group/project "FLOSS Media Production", explaining this is
a placeholder name regrouping several people.

Regards,

Jehan