[CREATE] Call for proposals for GSoC Doc Camp, Mountain View Dec. 3-7

Mario Behling mb at mariobehling.de
Thu Oct 25 02:42:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

I was at the mentor summit as well, but did not have the chance to
talk to the graphics project mentors.

As the deadline is approaching I just want to say: Yes, everyone
please feel free to apply as the time is probably not enough to
coordinate. Maybe some of the administrators or mentors of the
Gimp/Inkscape/Blender GSoC projects are one the list and are
interested to propose a project docsprint. There is time to make a
more detailed plan after the deadline. For now it is important to show
interest. Even though it would be best to have a clear plan, the
discussion what is best suited and what people are interested in can
also continue afterwards.

On the website it is stated: "Free software projects of any sort can
also apply - they do not need to be GSoC 2012 projects although these
may be given preference."

You can also apply as an individual. It might be a good idea in any
way to have people of the community applying as it might result in
more documentation support by Google in future as well.

Here the link again: https://sites.google.com/site/docsprintsummitv2/home

You might get travel support, if you apply for it.

All the best,

Mario