[CREATE] Status of libora?

Luka Čehovin luka.cehovin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:55:38 PDT 2012

Hello Jehan,

I am the original creator of libora, however, due to amount of other
work in recent years and the lack of general interest at the time I
have drifted away from its development. I was not even aware that
there are bug reports on freedesktop bugtracker related to libora. If
you want, I can take a look, apply your patch and answer some
questions about the code, but I cannot really do much more at the
moment as I am involved in other projects. The library is not really
feature complete, but the basic stuff is there and I would really like
to see somebody using it. So if you decide to add something you can
also create a fork of the repository on Gitorious ... that would be
the best way to start I guess.

Cheers,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this list, so I present myself. I am Jehan, developer, and
> lately working with an animator for an animation project.
> In this context, I have recently been interested into OpenRaster and
> decided to search if a library did already exist. I found libora, and
> actually already made my first patch there, as I could not compile it
> (bug 55246).
> But what striked me was that the repository has not been touched since
> November of 2010, so nearly for 2 years, and I see 5 other bugs,
> apparently untouched since their creation in 2011. But what scares me
> even more is that someone has even provided a patch on one of these
> report (more a feature, for a command line tool), and there has been
> no answer for a year and a half.
>
> Has the development been somewhat abandoned? What is the status?
> I would be interested into looking more into this library, and even
> fix what I can in it if I know that it will be integrated.
> Thanks.
>
> Jehan

Luka Čehovin
http://luka.tnode.com