[CREATE] Free and legal download of Pantone colour palettes from Adobe

Guillermo Espertino (Gez) gespertino at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 21:55:40 PDT 2013

El 28/03/13 00:14, "Christoph Schäfer" escribió:

> I did not mean to say otherwise. This is good news for *individual users*, who now can, thanks to Olivier's creation Swatchbooker, easily download these palettes and convert them to a format their Libre program can use. That's all, b*ut for many users that's already a lot. It should also be mentioned that these palettes include only the traditional Pantone Color Bridge palettes, not Pantone Goe or Pantone Plus.

Swatchbooker Batch Converter has always had a feature to download
Pantone palettes from Pantone X-Ref site and convert them into usable
palettes for libre graphics packages.
I used that feature and created gpl palettes for GIMP and Inkscape from
the Pantone Formula books (originally in Lab) and xml palettes for
Scribus from the Formula and Bridge books.
I even created a Pantone Palette for OpenOffice :-)

So, what exactly does the the publishing of those packages change?

Gez

p.s.: Oh, and btw, the batch converter also gets Goe and fashion books
from X-Ref.