[CREATE] Free and legal download of Pantone colour palettes from Adobe

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Mar 27 20:14:35 PDT 2013

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. März 2013 um 11:26 Uhr
> Von: "Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion at mpc.com.br>
> An: "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>
> Cc: CREATE at lists.freedesktop.org
> Betreff: Re: [CREATE] Free and legal download of Pantone colour palettes from Adobe
>
> On 27 March 2013 03:43, "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just in case it has escaped anyone's attention, Adobe has made the Pantone colour palettes that had been shipped with Illustrator versions prior to CS6 freely available for download here: http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html
> >
> > All you need is SwatchBooker to convert the ACB files to the format you need :)
>
> Coming from Adobe it would be important to distinguish if they are
> "librely" available or
> "gratisly" avaliable. I'd supose it is the later. That might suit
> individual users, but
> for including the colors in any project or add on, their terms of use
> have to be scrutinized.

I did not mean to say otherwise. This is good news for *individual users*, who now can, thanks to Olivier's creation Swatchbooker, easily download these palettes and convert them to a format their Libre program can use. That's all, b*ut for many users that's already a lot. It should also be mentioned that these palettes include only the traditional Pantone Color Bridge palettes, not Pantone Goe or Pantone Plus.

Cheers,

Christoph