[CREATE] Thank you for your feedback on LGM2013: Future Tools!

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sat May 11 03:50:30 PDT 2013

2013/5/11 Femke Snelting <snelting at collectifs.net>

> Feedback on LGM2013: Future Tools
>
> The feedback-form was filled in by 37 participants which is a little less
> than 10% of total estimated participants in the Madrid edition. The link to
> the Feedback-form was distributed on the CREATE mailinglist and e-mailed to
> everyone that had a presentation or workshop on the programme.
>
> Most respondents refer to themselves as having an occupation linked to art
> and/or design; one third identifies as programmer or developer and others
> list occupations such as translator or coordinator. For about half of them
> this was probably a first experience with LGM.
>
> Most respondents came to LGM2013 for multiple reasons, but almost all
> selected 'meeting developers/artists for a chat and a perspective' (31),
> followed by 'listening to particular talks' and 'finding out about new
> Libre Graphics developments' (both 21 times), and 'attending workshops on
> specific free software' (16). Least relevant is apparently 'getting a
> general idea about free software and culture' (7).
>
> Attached is an overview of the most important remarks. Links to blogposts
> and acomplishments have been gathered in the illustrated report on LGM2013
> that will hopefully be finished next week. At the end of the document you
> find all reponses organised according to subject (some comments were edited
> for legibility or redistributed according to the issues mentioned).
>
> Thank you!

A BIG thank you to all who participated and shared their views!

A BIG thank you to you, Femke, for putting this together!

I spent the last hour reading all the comments and there is food for
thoughts that will surely help embracing the future of LGM. I am sure to
read it over a couple times and take notes! I hope we can discuss about
that in a short while. This content is invaluable! To me, it’s not the
conclusion, it’s fuel to go further.

Bravo!

Louis