[CREATE] Anyone knows a dev at Wacom?

Julien Deswaef juego at requiem4tv.com
Fri Aug 22 08:07:01 PDT 2014

Hello list

Since the last LGM and the excellent lightning talk by Nathan Willis
about the inkling from Wacom and how to open and convert the files with
free software, I found myself hooked by this subject.

I have since got in touch with Roel Janssen and provided some feedback,
test files and other bug reports to improve the InklingReader he
created. https://github.com/roelj/inklingreader There is even now an
Inkscape plugin.

But we are stuck with 2 problems to have a complete feature list. There
is still undecoded data from the files (supposedly timing data) and
there is an "online feature" in the tool that permits to use the pen as
a mouse (works with the proprietary driver on Windows).

I've heard that Wacom devs don't mind sharing a bit of info when it
helps open source projects like these. But it would be great if we could
have a direct contact, through someone in this mailing list maybe?

If anybody has any suggestion or could give any help with this, it would
be great.

Thanks.

Julien

--