[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jan 14 19:28:10 PST 2014

On 01/14/2014 09:14 PM, Susan Spencer wrote:

> Can LGM adopt the PSF policy
> as a temporary measure?
> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
> Then at LGM we can hold a BOF meeting
> where results are posted
> with additional paper for comments.
>
> Results will be put forward to an
> all-hands vote with amendments
> welcomed from the floor.

What I see on this page is a not A policy, but a number of versions of
policies, some short some verbose. We can hardly adopt all these versions.

How about:

"The Libre Graphics Meeting was established as and continues to be a
conference open to all those who share an interest in FOSS
graphics-related software. A facet of this openness is that we expect
attendees and especially presenters to show the utmost respect for all
others who attend and to avoid defamatory or derogatory remarks or
actions against others strictly related to their views, their lifestyle
choices, where they are from, or who they are.

The organizers invite anyone to inform the LGM organizers of any such
disrespectful language or behavior they have experienced or witnessed,
so that appropriate steps can be taken."

Please edit as desired.

Greg