[CREATE] Code of Conduct

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jan 15 00:54:02 PST 2014

hi

i'm comfortable with a code of conduct...

> "The Libre Graphics Meeting was established as and continues to be a
> conference open to all those who share an interest in FOSS
> graphics-related software. A facet of this openness is that we expect
> attendees and especially presenters to show the utmost respect for
> all others who attend and to avoid defamatory or derogatory remarks
> or actions against others strictly related to their views, their
> lifestyle choices, where they are from, or who they are.
>
> The organizers invite anyone to inform the LGM organizers of any such
> disrespectful language or behavior they have experienced or
> witnessed, so that appropriate steps can be taken."
>
> Please edit as desired.

... but -- as other people also said -- i'd prefer to see only positive
points in there.

this is, imo, the first step in producing a friendly atmosphere.

as an example, in the draft above, i would remove -- or replace -- the
part after "avoid".

so: tell the people how you expect them to behave, not how they should
not behave.

ciao
a.l.e