[CREATE] CREATE Digest, Vol 102, Issue 7

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:14:10 PST 2014

15 янв. 2014 г. 6:13 пользователь "Susan Spencer" <susan.spencer at gmail.com>
написал:

> Can LGM adopt the PSF policy
> as a temporary measure?
> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy

It says among other things:

" [Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar
activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular,
exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material.
Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized
clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.]"

Now, I've been at events where companies slightly overdo sexualized
clothing of female participants up to the point where it begins to look
(disgustingly) slutty. But guess what -- it's just my opinion. I have my
own standards and don't expect everybody else to comply, although I reserve
the right to grumble :)

Making the event comfortable for extreme feminists increases the
possibility of hysterical behavior at the event, and the last thing I want
LGM to become famous for is some overreacting feminist (of any sex) in
boring colorless unisex clothes getting riled up because of someone else
having a V-neck not complying with the feminist's internal standards.

In a nutshell, if you are going to adopt this, please use common sense and
drop the parts of CoC that increase the possibility of someone being a
self-righteous jerk.

If we can't joke about the tight pants of LGM2010 anymore, we might as well
focus on reaching singularity and drop all bodily hints when we talk.

Alexandre