[CREATE] Code of Conduct

S.Kemter sirko.kemter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 09:04:31 PST 2014

Hi,

Well its not about work that's the easy part, thats just a mail. The
problem is another one, we will not have an ok before LGM. If you consider
how much trouble I already had for just extending the opening time and that
it took 2 months to get it. Its not simple here the key close when you are
done, there is a security guard and thats extra work for him and on the end
of the month that will be end up in a higher invoice, there immediately
pops up the question who pays it, its not simple that I can say ok we will
pay it cross paying governmental institutions is so damn complex, you will
try that only once and never again. The decision of the opening time was
made from the chancellor of the university, so highest authority ;)

What we could do is simple to invite the "Gleichstellungsbeauftragten" I
dont know how to translate that titel and if Equality Ombudsman is right
for it to watch over us and we can surly ask him to help us for formulating
an CoC for later events. I think nobody of us would be that firm as
someone, who does nothing else then handle exactly what some here think an
CoC would solve.

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/index.php?title=Timeline_of_incidents

br gnokii

2014/1/15 Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>

> Hi!
>
> On 15 January 2014 04:05, S.Kemter <sirko.kemter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You are aware that this brings trouble to me?
>>

> I for one am completely ignorant of the rules around making a CoC at a
> German university under Saxon law, so I'm sorry that this involves a lot of
> extra work for you. I guess you can calculate the value of the effort
> against the (lack of) sponsorship funding for LGM, and the cash value of
> the PSF money.
>

> Its not that simple we make an Code of Conduct and thats just our
> business. The university needs to agree to it and they will take that
> further away to the Ministery of Culture. Why because they have to be sure
> it breaks not german or/and saxonian laws. You open Pandoras Box here, well
> there are woman rights and minority rights touched so the
> "Gleichstellungsbeauftragte" has also to give his ok and there are some
> others with strange titles also.

All sounds worthy to me :)

--
make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)