[CREATE] Contact page on LGM website

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 08:20:37 PST 2014

Hi,

Any chance we get feedback on the Contact page?

Or do you prefer I do it myself?

I don’t want to interfere into somebody else’s task so I ask first.

Once the page is created I would urge anyone in charge of a specific task
to publish her or his name there.

As for the info@ address... while I have expressed my disagreement, I will
agree upon consensus to use it if it’s created. But I would like to dig
further the consequence of going that way. The Contact page would have a
list of a few people, the co-organisers, and one single email address to
reach them?

One thing to consider is going this way will definitely lead to lots of
traffic and lots of reading (quite often unnecessary) and lots of (quite
often unnecessary) back-and-forth "who’s answering what?". And seriously,
discussing about what to answer to whom... Aren’t we heading to some kind
of bureaucratic way? Maybe it’s worth considering the weight of this, on
each one’s shoulders. Let’s work with confidence in each other. Just like
Pippin said it while discussing about the talks proposals. It’s in the hand
of that committee. We let them work. We do not need to interfere. The
people in that committee can communicate through the email address of their
choice and when ready push the results onward to the website.

Same with the local organisers. They have to discuss with the University
authorities. Do we need to know each and every contact they have? For me,
no. I am confident that they do their very best on the local side to make
things happen smoothly and if they need help for something they can get
back to us for support or consultation.

My counter-proposal:

Contact page
Name and role of each organiser followed by his/her email address and
whatever other communication info he/she feels necessary or useful (phone,
cell, snail mail, whatever)
Link to mailing list for more general or public communications
(libre-graphics-meeting ML and Create)

A nice day to all!

Louis