[CREATE] Code of Conduct

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Mon Jan 20 00:12:21 PST 2014

Gesendet: Sonntag, 19. Januar 2014 um 05:44 Uhr
Von: "Dave Crossland" <dave at lab6.com>
An: "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>, "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
Cc: "Susan Spencer" <susan.spencer at gmail.com>, "Create ML" <create at lists.freedesktop.org>
Betreff: Re: [CREATE] Code of Conduct

Hi!

> NB: This email offers no practical advice about an LGM CoC, but answers emails that have not yet been answered about the overall context of CoCs in the wide tech community today.

> Also, the following is my person opinion and doesn't reflect the views of any clients, organisations or projects I am associated with.
Dear Christoph and Gregory,

<snip>

Hi David,

First of all, I want to let you know that cutting out your reply is due to two reasons: One, your message wasn't in plain text, which, I think, is still a standard for Open Source mailing lists (correct me if I am wrong). Second: You don't actually expect a rational discussion on the issues you raised, do you?

I refuse to discuss this issue with you, because it would yield the same result as discussing the weaknesses of Psychoanalysis or Creationism with their respective supporters. It's futile, because critical questions only reinforce their dogmas.

If you, as a "white priviledged male", have undergone some training in formal logic, you should also be able to see where youre trail of reasoning went off-rails (hint: at the very beginning).

Getting back to LGM and a CoC: If your fundamentalist perception of society as a whole, your prejudices, your false assumptions, your dogmas and LGM in particular have any chance to become a foundation of an event, I suggest removing "Libre" and replace it with "Righteous" (RGM), because nothing of the original "Libre" will be left.

Christoph