[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Jan 20 04:58:26 PST 2014

Hi

On 20 January 2014 02:29, "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> male white human beings are "priviledged" and also monsters that need to be kept at bay.

Seems like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunction_fallacy :)

Human beings are priviledged in various ways (race, gender, age,
class, ability (eg hearing ability) etc etc):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

Some human beings "need to be kept at bay":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_conduct

I'm sorry you take both these facts so emotionally, and I suggest
that's not necessary. Not all people with privileged gender or race
are abusive -- just some of them, and LGM ought to have a CoC to
account for these 2 facts.

The only objection to LGM having a CoC that I will not find fault with
is 'yes but later.'

--
Cheers
Dave