[CREATE] [LGM] Pledgie badge on http://libregraphicsmeeting.org/2014/ ?

Michael Schumacher schumaml at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 23:25:44 PST 2014

Louis Desjardins <louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:

>Folks, who’s able to update the website?

Funny anecdote regarding a similar question on #gimp recently:

the site developer.gimp.org is maintained very, very cost-effectively - read: unfortunately the information there used to be good enough for many years, and so it was outdated.

Somewhere, the need to find an explanation for this was born.  Mere laziness seemed so strange an explanation that the 'official' reason became 'the site credentials were lost, we can't update'.

When this explanation reached me two weeks ago, it caused three things:

1. repeated contact between my desk and by forehead
2. listening  to MLP's Pinkie Pie 'Smile' song, one of the typography versions on YouTube. Twice.
3. a quick change to the one of the file in /www/developer.gimp.org verified that the content is editable and it is the live site

Our developer docs are updated now.

Conclusions:

1. communicate
2. watch more MLP
3. don't invent explanations if laziness is a sufficient one

--
Regards,
Michael