[CREATE] Last round of comments: LGM Code of Conduct

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon May 26 04:06:43 PDT 2014

dear femke and all

first thanks for your work on this document!

the LGM CoC looks good to me.

... just one thing...

> - I agree that the reference to examples was awkwardly phrased and
> simple is better:
> "Some examples: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_incidents"

personally, i would prefer that line to be removed.

on the one side, i'm not sure that a list of examples needs to be there.
the document seems to be clear enough!

on the other side, "geek" + "feminism" in the url and the fact that most
(if not all) the examples are about women (i could not spot any about
any other gender/sexual/skin/religious/you name it category that tend to
be the target of "incidents"... but i have not read the whole page) does
not match the idea that a CoC is there to protect each participant from
any other "bad" participant. whether they are geek or not, males or
women, or anything else they wish or happen to be.

for sure, not a reason to reject the CoC. but -- in my eyes -- a detail
that might be worth to be fixed...
but you (plural) might also have very good reasons to keep that link...

have a nice day and, again, thanks for the fine document!
a.l.e