[CREATE] Open WG on Complex Text Layout in Scribus

Camille Bissuel camille at nylnook.com
Mon May 18 08:16:06 PDT 2015

Hi Andreas,

and first of all, bravo ! It's a very important goal !

I will not be able to help on code side... but as a Scribus user and
teacher, my first question is : why not release Scribus in version 1.6
before to start such a big and complex integration project ?
I'm afraid users will have to wait 3 more years for a Scribus stable
release if we wait for this Harfbuzz integration... Not this is not useful
and needed, but as we already discussed at Madrid (LGM2013 !) I'd
personally hope for a more "release early/release often" politic in Scribus
development. Maybe moving to git as ale advocated is another way.

Thanks for you great work anyways ;)
Camille