[CREATE] Libre Graphics Meeting in Argentina

Pat David patdavid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 12:53:58 UTC 2017

We've got someone on the ground in SoCal from our community* that might be
able to help with something for SCALE, and I'll certainly help however I
can as well. It's something I've wondered about for a little while now to
have a presence at.

* our community == photo nerds
On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 3:37 PM Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Josh Andler <scislac at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> Funny you bring that up, I've been tempted (for a couple years) to see if
>> there is enough interest to do that for SCaLE. Did those talks seem to be
>> reasonably well attended at TXLF? Did it seem like any people that might
>> not normally attend ended up going because of that?
>>

> Yeah, the attendance was great. Pretty hard to say how many people
> attended because of that, though, since we didn't poll on it. But I will
> say that it was a Friday track, which is generally the lowest turnout day
> because of work/school conflicts.
>
> In the past we always had commercially-focused material on Fridays, since
> a lot of businesses will let their people go on Friday if it's to attend a
> training-related thing. So Red Hat will do a day of RHEL classes or
> whatever.
>
> I definitely recommend it for SCALE; I can probably even help if you want
> (I've gone every year I could; this past one I was in the UK so it was the
> first I missed in quite a while).
>
> Nate
>

>> Cheers,
>> Josh
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM, Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com>
>> wrote:

>>> That kind of touches on another thing; in the long term, it'd probably
>>> be best if we found ways to come up with "related but not identical" names
>>> for the events. You don't want confusion, where somebody is afraid they
>>> missed LGM.
>>>
>>> I seem to recall somebody did one (at linux.conf.au or something?) a
>>> while back that they called "Libre Graphics Day." Or maybe it was
>>> FOSDEM.... Anyway, it sounded related but was clear about being it's own
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> Last year at Texas Linux Fest, we did a "Libre Graphics Track." That is
>>> also something I think it'd be great if we did more of: tried to work with
>>> local community conferences to put tracks together.
>>>
>>> But I'm procrastinating from work; I'll stop now....
>>>

>>> Nate

>>> --
>>> nathan.p.willis
>>> nwillis at glyphography.com <http://identi.ca/n8>

> --
> nathan.p.willis
> nwillis at glyphography.com <http://identi.ca/n8>

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC