[CREATE] Font Val GUI on Mac (Re: FontVal 2.1.1 binaries for Mac OS X and Linux (Ubuntu))

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 2 19:21:03 UTC 2017

Georg Seifert wrote a GUI wrapper around the Mac OS X FontValidator
command-line tool a while ago and it is updated for 2.1.1. It is offered
as FontVal-Seifert-2.1.1.zip in both:
(and gpg-signed from me for those people who want verified downloads...)

https://github.com/HinTak/Font-Validator/releases
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hp-pxl-jetready/files/Microsoft%20Font%20Validator/

The windows-derived GUI on the Mac suffers from minutes of delays
on launch from fontconfig related issue, so I'd suggest people who
want a GUI on the Mac uses Goerg's. It is the only Mac one put up at github -
for simplicity, I also only put the Ubuntu 16.04 binary there.

If you find FontVal useful, please click https://sourceforge.net/p/hp-pxl-jetready/donate/ to donate.
Since a larger proportion of FontVal users seem to be Mac users,
I'll split a portion of donation (if there is any ;) ) with Georg.