[CREATE] online LGM

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:02:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

From the results of the survey we sent regarding an online LGM this
year, 75% of the answers say they are interested to follow the event
online. We also have around 10 presentations and 4 workshops for it.

Se we decided to go forward with this plan.

The online event will be on May 27th to 29th (one day less than
initially planned, as 3 days should be enough for the proposed content).
The info is published on the website. We will announce the program later.

Technically, we plan to make a video stream with an icecast server, with
presentations pre-recorded, and a live QA session after each
presentation using IRC chat to ask questions and a Jitsi room for the
speaker to send the answers to the icecast stream. For the workshops, we
will use the same setup as for the QA sessions.

We still need to make more tests to evaluate the capacity of the icecast
server, so we will make a test session in the coming days to test the
setup, where I will ask here to everyone interested to connect to the
stream and see how many viewers it can support.

Cheers,

Timothée