[CREATE] ORA topic presentation for Online LGM 2020

InkLab App inklabapp at gmail.com
Sun May 17 17:58:16 UTC 2020

Hi Alex,

I think that Boud already addressed form of your comments, but I can add my
opinion too. From my perspective, I started on these efforts because adobe
PSD was too much of a mess to work with in a consistent manner. I tried for
a little while to consider it as an interchange format, (like to make
closed source editors seem to do) and my experience trying to work with it
quickly degraded. The statement from adobe that they only promise standards
releases for products in cooperation with adobe was just the icing on the
cake. ORA, even though it is a small team, was very well documented and it
was easy to set up a working library for it in short order.

So all this is to say that indeed "Libre PSD" is a very good description of
what I understood the standard was to be. Ideally, I would like to be able
to recreate to a fair degree the artwork that is provided to me by artists
in PSD formats, in ORA instead. (it is a long term goal --- perhaps Boud
can clarify if he agrees with this outlook)

-Paul