[CREATE] CREATE Digest, Vol 164, Issue 12

Eylul eylul at azbulutlu.org
Sun May 31 11:48:21 UTC 2020

Hi Paul,

First of all thank you very much for organizing this meeting. It was a
lot of valuable information about technical challenges and discussion
and thoughts so far on the topic. An idea for future meetings might be
to clarify how long they will last and make that explicit (and schedule
a time for next time if ıt turns out more discussion is needed). Not
that I am asking why it wasn't done this time: considering how last
minute the whole organization was, I am grateful and amazed at the
number of people who made time to drop by and join the conversation. :)

In terms of future discussion a matrix channel or something similar
would be nice.

First people might actually want to collaborate on proposals and
implementations, or brainstorm, and it would be better to not clutter
the forum with that. Second is that I feel there needs to be some
discussion to clarify the actual use case(s) for .ora file format. Some
the trade-offs discussions didn't come to a conclusion in part due to
differing point of views about what the file format would and could be
used for (e.g. is this meant to be a one way exchange solution to move
between various tasks: that would focus on a easy to implement limited
common ground; or is it literally meant to be a common primary filetype
among a narrow range relatively similar software that is comprehensive?
Does it try to be both, is it feasible for it to be both? etc)

A chatting platform ideally would also help welcome more user
perspectives of the workflows and use cases at creation stage, for
proposals that can benefit from this type of input early.

Best

Eylul