[CREATE] CREATE Digest, Vol 164, Issue 12

InkLab App inklabapp at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:34:27 UTC 2020

Hi Johann,

I apologize that the duration and content of the meeting was not
satisfactory in general.  Personally, I was also disappointed that I did
not get to touch some of the topics I was interested in, at all. It is my
first time trying to moderate a meeting of this style, so I will keep in
mind to explicitly offer the possibility for some folk to stay later than
others if they desire. I got the impression from a few folks during the
meeting by way of offhand comments that they were interested in not going
too far over an hour, and so I didn't want to infringe on others' time by
ignoring these comments. I am welcome to suggestions for methods to better
time manage a meeting of this style in the event that it is required to do
another online meeting in the future (hopefully not in general!).

As far as online proposals and vetoing, I think discussion should be
(hopefully) easier using the system Boud was trying to set up at
https://invent.kde.org/documentation/openraster-org/-/merge_requests/1 I
would also be open to starting another type of recorded chat system for use
with casual proposal discussion before going through the full effort of
making the implementation and documentation for the official submission.
Please let me know if you have any preference for this. Perhaps a matrix
channel would be useful?

Again, I apologize for your experience and share some of the sentiment. I
hope you found some of the discussion fruitful in any case!

-Paul