Proposed API Change ( was delayed authentication )

Willem Dantuma willem.dantuma@dobs.nl
09 Nov 2003 11:18:32 +0100

Hi,

After not getting much response to my previous mail, i dug into it
myself and found dbus_bus_get blocking in dbus_bus_register. So i would
like to propose a change to the curent API.

Something like this:

conn=dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_ACTIVATION,&error) or
conn=dbus_connection_open(address,&error)

dbus_connection_set_username(&conn,username)
dbus_connection_set_password(&conn,password)
dbus_connection_set_sasl_prop(&conn,...)
dbus_connection_start(&conn)  /* takes care of authenticating, TLS etc
*/
dbus_bus_register(&conn)

or maybe in the bus case:

conn=dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_ACTIVATION,&error,argv,argc)

Comments ??

Willem