DBUS and Wine ?

Evalet Olivier evaleto@programmers.ch
Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:38:40 +0200

> Are you sure you want an IPC mechanism rather than a component system
> like UNO or XPCOM?

XPCOM is only for communicating between components within a process.
Wine is not a standard Linux library. To share wine components I must
use an IPC/RPC mechanism. I use to think, that DBUS, DCOP, CORBA and UNO
was similar. Furthermore, a wine-developer advises me to use DBUS.

But technically, I don't know what is the better solution.

Just: I like the message concept, without using kind of IDL compiler.
And I'm looking for DBUS Interface exemple in pure C.

Salutations,
Olivier

www.programmers.ch