Session daemon quitting

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Apr 11 00:23:42 EST 2004

Hi everyone! I'm trying to get ROX-Session to run a DBUS session daemon on
startup so we can start trying to use it for IPC within the desktop.

However, there doesn't seem to be a fool-proof way to quit the daemon. I
can call kill() on it from ROX-Session, but that won't work if ROX-Session
itself crashes.

Is there an easy way to do this? Perhaps the daemon could select() on
stdin, and quit when that closes? Then ROX-Session could just create a
pipe for it...

(dbus-launch's babysitter has the same problem, as far as I can see)

I want to make this robust, because people aren't going to be happy if
dbus-daemon processes start to pile up over time ;-)

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net