Python bindings

Andrew Bennetts andrew-dbus at puzzling.org
Thu Apr 15 10:01:19 EST 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:57:16PM +0200, Armin Bauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> im working on an application where i also wrote python bindings for.
> Soon i had to set a c variable on a class, so i borrowed some of the
> code from dbus:

[...]
> your approach gave me unpredictable segfaults but i found no other way
[...]
> This fix will probably also get rid of errors like these:
>
> # FIXME: this is a major major hack. We use this because casting values
> # python objects and returning seemed to be corrupting them. This is a
> "global variable" :-(

I sent a patch to the list a while back to fix this exact problem, but it
apparently had some issues that I haven't had time to investigate.  The
patch can be found here:

    http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/dbus/2004-January/000736.html

My messages contained several examples of trivial ways to segfault the
current code.

-Andrew.