Service files in lib/datadir

Richard Hult richard at imendio.com
Mon Dec 20 08:56:27 PST 2004

Hi,

>>A while ago, the default conf for the session bus was changed to look up
>>service files in datadir rather than libdir. The reason was to fix 64/32
>>bit parallel installations, but I don't think this is the correct fix
>>since it breaks the semantics of datadir (services are not shareable
>>across different archs for example).
>

> 	Why aren't they shareable across different archs? At the moment they
> only have Name/Exec, right?

They point to an executable which isn't shareable, which I think means
that you need different service files for different machines that share
the same /usr/share directory. I'm not sure if that's a problem, I'm
more concerned with the location being changed if not necessary.

Regards,
Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/