Is DBUS and API or a protocol?

Sean Middleditch elanthis@awesomeplay.com
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:42:14 -0500

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 20:54, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
> Did anybody answer this question?  I don't remember..

I thought I replied, but don't see the mail in the list/archives...

D-BUS should technically be both, given the specification on the site,
and the fact that the existing daemon/library is referred to repeatedly
as the "reference implementation" in the docs.

So if D-BUS *isn't* both a protocol and an implementation, the docs
really need correcting.  ;-)

And of course, D-BUS being pre-1.0, both the implementation API/ABI and
specification are still up for incompatible changes.