Is DBUS and API or a protocol?

Marco Canini marco.canini@fastwebnet.it
Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:56:57 +0100

Hello Miguel,

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 18:03, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > I think those bindings are just a quick test by Havoc but I'm not sure.
>
> We did a binding (since it took 30 minutes using the Gtk-binding tool as
> opposed to writing the whole thing) in the Mono CVS, in module
> `dbus-sharp'.

I'm curious, what's that gtk-binding tool and where can i find it?
> I will still convince someone someday to do a full implementation of the
> protoco..

Yes, I agree with you that it's important to have a manged
implementation of dbus, particularly in relation to the last discussion
about accessing remote devices.
However I think that we should wait a little time to get d-bus really
used by apps and distros

Cheers
--
Marco Canini <marco.canini@fastwebnet.it>