Query service in the activation design?

Mikael Hallendal micke@imendio.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:05:44 +0100

tis 2004-01-20 klockan 22.54 skrev Armin Bauer:
> Hi,

Hi,

> im one of the developers of Multisync. We plan to use dbus in our next
> major release. We need to implement a special plugin system where we
> need to search for certain executables. For example a plugin would
> implement "org.multisync.plugin.something". the main executable would
> then search for all entries under "org.multisync.plugin" and activate
> one entry when it needs it.

Hmm.. this would require a full Query service with translated strings I
guess (you'll use the names and descriptions of those plugin services in
the UI, right?).

However, I don't see why you would want to use D-BUS services for your
plugins? Why not use shared libraries instead?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal               micke@imendio.com