getting the user_data associated with an object path

Daniel Reed n at ml.org
Sat Apr 23 00:52:40 PDT 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Daniel Reed wrote:
> On 2005-03-23T16:43-0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> ) On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 15:13 -0500, Daniel Reed wrote:
> ) > Are there any better methods, or can this patch be reviewed?
> ) Can you explain the use-case?
>
> DBUS maintains a hierarchy of objects for its client. The exact means of
> conflict/duplicate resolution, handling having multiple sources (threads,
> modules, etc.) populating or depopulating the tree, etc. are not necessarily
> defined, so mimicking the hierarchy outside of DBUS can be error prone.
> Additionally, mimicking it outside of DBUS wastes memory.
>
> I just want a mechanism for retrieving an object once I have put it in the
> tree.

I submitted a new patch that does not alter the lockedness of the
connection in (now) _dbus_object_tree_get_user_data_unlocked, available
from http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2005-March/002406.html .

Are there any more functionality or behavior requests, or can this be
reviewed?

Thanks,
--
Daniel Reed <n at ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
"A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep."