[python] How can a noob get a simple implementation?

Sean Meiners sean.meiners at linspireinc.com
Tue Aug 30 21:56:09 PDT 2005

Based on my experience with the python bindings (which is quite a bit
lately) you should be able to achieve 'A' without much fuss.  As for
how to do it, I just happened to be poking around the python examples
included in the DBus source tree today (python/examples) and found
example-signal-emitter.py and example-signal-recipient.py to be quite
excellent in this regard (thanks again John P).  To try them out make
sure you have a session bus running and start the emitter first (the
receiver relies on it).