Python Dbus question

Hermann Lacheiner hermann.lacheiner at students.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri Dec 16 04:49:44 PST 2005

Hi!

I'm currently implementing an OSGI-like framework in Python (the aim is
to have something like a rich client platform for Python in the end) and
I want to integrate DBus into it.
In OSGI there is a service registry, where objects can be registered and
other bundles (plug-ins) installed in the framework can fetch them from
the registry and use them.
So I want to export objects registered in the service registry to DBus.
But the problem is, that those objects should not inherit from
dbus.service.Object, they should know nothing about DBus. There should
be no dependency on DBus.
Would that be possible to export a object after creation without being a
child of dbus.object?
Or do I have to create dynamically something like a Proxy-Class
(inherits from dbus.service.Object and exports methods with a decorator)
for each exported object in the service registry?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hermann