newbie: tcp transport problem

Junji Kanemaru linux at linuon.com
Tue Feb 8 15:19:26 PST 2005

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> The simplest one to add would be a public "allow everyone" mechanism, if
> you are behind a firewall perhaps.

Actually there's no firewall setting between the two hosts.
The test program I'm using is test/glib/test-thread-server.c with
argv[1] = "tcp:host=192.168.0.1,port=9090".
This works fine both client and server are on same host...

I guess the error message "Using your real home directory for testing,
set DBUS_TEST_HOMEDIR to avoid" is saying that D-BUS created
a unix domain socket in user's home dir and trying to talk through it?

Thanks,

-- Junji