[patch] generate marshallers and metadata from dbus-glib-tool

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Feb 10 14:31:19 PST 2005

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>>+interface_info_new (const char *name, const char *c_name)
>>

>I'd suggest some more extensible approach. Remember we may use this for
>other languages besides C.
>
>We might think first about the introspect format; can we change the
>introspect format to have something like:
>
><method name="Whatever">
>  <binding name="C" function="foo_bar_Whatever"/>
>  <binding name="Python" method="Whatever"/>
></method>
>
>Where <binding> subelements and attributes are defined per-binding, and
>all of the node types can have <binding> data.

I didn't exactly pay much attention to this thread so most likely I'm
missing the point here completely, but:

the introspection format is for objects so they can tell the world what
kind of interfaces and methods they support isn't it? But does the above
explanation mean that each method of each object will have to have a
binding element for each possible language supported by DBus? That just
doesn't seem right. (And therefore I'm most likely missing the point,
like I said ;-))

Cheers,
 -Tako