kobject <-> dbus connection

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Feb 10 08:52:18 PST 2005

Since I was playing with recently I figured it would be interesting
to write a little test tool that sends the recently introduces (Linux
2.6.10 I think) kobject events to a D-BUS system channe.

I just finished the first version of a tool to do this, available at
http://www.wiggy.net/files/kbus-0.1.tar.gz .

I did run into a problem with sending the kobject event environment
via D-BUS: the online doxygen documentation lists functions to send
dictionaries in messages, but the D-BUS 0.23 release does not seem
to include those functions. So for now I cheated a bit and just send
key and value strings consecutively.

If people find this useful please let me know, if not I'm not sure if
I'll do any more work on it.

Wichert.